- Sat, Nov 13ZoomThis workshop will help interpreters learn how they can use deliberate practice to identify their specific goals and then engage in deliberate practice to achieve these goals.
- Sat, Nov 20ZoomThis workshop will provide an overview of what interpreters can expect when working with members of the Deafblind community.
- Sun, Nov 21ZoomWe will focus on cultivating a deeper understanding of the ethical aspects of Deafblind interpreting using vignettes, examination of lived experiences, contextualization, and analysis of our personal biases.
- Thu, Dec 02ZoomConstructive change begins with self-knowledge. DiSC profiles show you how you respond to conflict, what motivates you or stresses you out, and how you solve problems. DiSC profiles also teach you how to improve communication and understanding between team members/colleagues.
- Sat, Dec 11ZoomThis workshop is an in depth analysis into anxiety and self confidence issues brought on by interpreting situations. Through risk-taking exercises and discussions participants learn about each other’s vulnerabilities, and the importance of trust as it relates to teaming and consumers.
- Wed, Jan 12ZoomAs people become more aware of how the system is designed to lift or block certain groups of people, senses of confusion, guilt, or shame can creep in. How do we build deeper cross-cultural alliances in a world of uncertainty and stress?
- Thu, Jan 27ZoomHave you ever been asked how you would respond to a certain scenario involving a consumer and responded with, “Well, it depends…?” Participants will analyze three components; Hungry, Humble and Smart, from the book “The Ideal Team Player” by Patrick M. Lencioni, to answer this question.
- Wed, Oct 20ZoomParticipants will practice taking, analyzing, and summarizing language samples from students with language deprivation to drive language intervention or modification of the interpreting process to match the needs of students.