- Sun, Oct 02ZoomThis is a two day workshop but you only register ONE time. Participants will read and analyze a written passage in small groups, working to highlight the relationship of ideas within the passage; the presenter will provide feedback about the accuracy of their analysis.
- Wed, Oct 12ZoomRegister once for all three dates. This three-part course endeavors to begin a conversation about how the current traditional educational interpreting model does not meet the needs of language deprived students in mainstream settings, & proposes a new model for interpreting for this population.
- Sat, Nov 05ZoomDon't let the title fool you! This workshop is for all levels. The Process: will break down the interpreting process from A-Z in a medical interpreting assignment. The Science: will prepare medical interpreters to work in medical settings while remaining safe and avoiding infection exposure.
- Sun, Nov 06ZoomThe Mechanics focuses on medical terminology & breaking down complex medical terms for meaning, as well as interpreting medical questions. The Switcharoo focuses on the ever-present risk of an assignment taking an unexpected turn, & courses of action interpreters can take.
- Sat, Dec 17ZoomAs interpreters, we have the opportunity to work with such diverse groups of people and see the world through others' points of view. How do we work to learn about those minority and historically marginalized populations that are further oppressed within minority populations?